What Are Door Access System And Its Types And Benefits?
Pandemic era Covid-19 has caused many changes in daily lifestyle and security preferences. Nowadays, people are afraid of touching the public door, elevator buttons, or any surface. Also, when it comes to security for your organization and property, you cannot ignore the issue and consequences. A door access system can protect your people, property, organization, and assets, by tracking your building doors and controlling who enters which area of the building.
What is a door access control system?
An access control system is an electronic system that is controlled through a web of networks and have an access to a network by which it provides protection and security. These systems are digital security systems that ensure entry of only authorized persons and keep the unauthorized person out. This system is extremely efficient and effective in providing security to your premise and avoiding any criminal and unpleasant activity at your organization’s place. As these systems are digital, they provide more security and are more efficient as compared to traditional locks and keys systems. With the installation of an access system, you can easily track who enters the building room and who leaves out. Access system needs a key card, key fob, biometric, fingerprint, retina scan, or a PIN to access the door and to lock and unlock.
Types of door access system
To ensure efficient security it is crucial to choose the most effective door access control system. Some of the more popular systems are listed below:
- Independent locks: – This type is designed to control access only on one door. It is very fast and can be used just after installation. As this system is only useful to get control access on one door it can not be used in a large network.
- Proximity readers: – This proximity card readers system is so easy and handy to use. In case the card is misplaced or damaged it can be replaced without much tension and effort. Just like other ID cards, the owner can easily deactivate their access and apply for the new card. Various other verification technologies are linked such as fingerprints and photos. The proximity card is comparably cheaper than the other access control systems perhaps this is the most common reason for the popularity of these cards.
- Biometric system: – Every person has a different and unique biometric. This type of system requires physical features such as retina scans and fingerprints.
- It is a customizable system.
- It does not need any keys.
- Key cards are harder to copy and form replicas.