One of the most classic states in the North-East of India is Assam. The beautiful valleys combined with the architecture are totally amazing. Therefore, if you haven’t seen this state yet, the top 5 places you should see are as follows:
Located in Guwahati, this building has displayed for many traditional displays of art, dram, and craft. SrimantaSankardev Kalakshetra is equipped with many structures such as cultural museums and other facilities like libraries. Check out what else is special in the building here:
- It has an open-air theatre where different performance for dance and drama is held. You can also view the Khasi hills from this location
- This also has a library having a rare collection of books and manuscripts
- You can also be a part of various workshops held for drama and cinema. Visual arts are especially promoted here.
This place needs a special mention for those who love to see the ruins of ancient times. The ruins are geometrical in shape thereby indicating a glimpse of olden times. These ruins are located at Tezpur and stone sculptures need a special mention here. Visit this hilly area for the following reasons:
- Peaceful place having resemblance with ancient Gupta period
- Ruins look majestic with the carvings that are exquisitely fine
- A visit to Da Parbatia is a must
- This place is a treat for those who love to see the ancient remnants which remind of glorious past.
Treasured wheels museum
This is yet another place which is located at Sonapur in Assam. This location is also termed as vintage paradise owing to the sights it has to offer. For those who have an eye for the old technology, this place can be visited for the following reasons:
- Classic cars
- Electrical appliances
- Bi-cycles and so on
You can have a glimpse of the objects which were used in the olden times through the objects offered here for display.
Tai Ahom Museum
Located on the banks of SivasagarPukhuri, this museum is dedicated preserving the Ahom culture of Assam. Various artifacts belonging to this age are kept here for display. Ahom dynasty is 600 years old and the objects belonging to this era are worth watching out for. You can look forward to getting a glimpse of Ahom times through the following:
The above artifacts are indeed very promising and you can enjoy watching these.
Located in Guwahati, this temple is highly revered among the Hindus and it is visited by thousands of devotees every day. There are 6 temples in the main premises and important festivals include Ambubachi Mela and Manasha Puja.
Get your tickets booked to explore the unknown and magical land of Assam!