Laminate flooring is a type of composite flooring that looks the same as that hardwood, stone or other materials flooring in appearance. It replicates the look of other types of flooring. It was introduced in 1977, and since then, it has been used and regarded as an attractive choice for houses when hardwood or stone flooring cannot be used. laminate flooring installation is done in three layers, the base layer(provides stability and structure), the image layer( to paste high-quality images), and the wear layer( provides resistance against damage).
- Durable as it can resist fading, scratching, and spills.
- Variety of choices for any and every kind of room and house.
- Budget-friendly as it costs less than the other alternatives.
- Demand for maintenance is low as it provides easy cleaning and resistance to scratches.
- It is also easy to install and repair.
- Walking on it is more comfortable as compared to hardwood or stone.
Laminate flooring installation can be done in areas where people are frequently moving, such as dining areas, playrooms, bedrooms, living rooms, etc. Also, it can be installed in the kitchen and bathrooms as it is waterproof to some extent. The average cost for the installation is around 1400 dollars to 4300 dollars, depending on the type of material and space to be installed.
How to install it?
- Before laying the laminate flooring and tearing the old flooring, the installer checks all materials necessary for the installation.
- As the floors tend to expand or shrink with the temperature and humidity level changes. So, acclimation of the flooring is to be done before 24 to 48 hours of installation.
- Before doing anything else, remove and stow off the base molds to be done. Remove the existing floor.
- If there is no pre-attached underlayment, install the underlayment before laying the laminate.
- Trim the door jambs once the underlayment is done.
- Install the first row parallel to the longest wall. It is the most critical row and has to be starting at one corner and be laid straight so that the other rows are also straight and the job is done perfectly.
- When the first-row installations are over, lay the rest of the flooring.
Now homeowners with laminate flooring can expect a new look that can be changed anytime. It is better than the other flooring materials at a low and affordable price.